Thanks for your interest in working at Long Beach Web Design. We pride ourselves on being a part of our local community and we are looking for candidates that are based within Long Beach, CA or surrounding cities.
Junior Graphic Designer
LBWD is looking to expand our dedicated team with the addition of a Jr. Graphic Designer. We are looking for someone who is a driven self-starter that is interested in learning & growing the skills needed to be a successful freelancer or employee in the web-oriented graphic design world.
This would be the ideal position for a recent graduate from a local design program or a current student with some prior experience doing graphic design for the web. You will work with our Senior Designer to create website mockups, logos, and some print media.
We pride ourselves on our excellent attention to detail, personalized customer service, and quality design with our client’s specific needs in mind. We love to help develop young talent and provide quite a lot of creative freedom in completing tasks.
- Portfolio or recent examples of your design work
- Proficient in Photoshop
- 0-3 years’ experience designing for the web
- Strong design aesthetic
- Ability to telecommute/work from home
- Able to start working immediately
- Create layered website mockups in Photoshop
- Iterate logo & branding designs
- Handle existing client requests for graphics like web banners, ads, print media etc.
Job Type: Part-time/Freelance that can turn into a long-term position.
Location: Long Beach, CA
In order to apply, please review the following and total your points up for each item that applies to you. While these attributes are not required for this position, they do help us to find the very best candidate.
- Has prior experience working in a design production environment: +10 points
- Experience using WordPress: +8 points
- Lives in Long Beach, CA: +15 points
- Lives in Southern California: +5 points
- Understands Responsive design principals: +5 points
- Experience with print design/pre-press: +3 points
- Proficient in Adobe Illustrator: +5 points
- Proficient in Adobe InDesign: +3 points
- Experience with Adobe Premiere or After Effects: +3 points
- Degree from a design/art college: +5 points
- Self-taught graphic designer: +3 points
- Familiar with CSS/HTML: +8 points
- Strong typography skills: +5 points
- Experience with E-commerce applications: +8 points
- Established & current online portfolio of work: +10 points
- Marketing experience (email, social): +8 points
- Owns Bitcoin or other cryptocurrency: +3 points
Please total up your score and include that score at the top of your Cover Letter or in the Subject line of your email submission (ie. “48 Points”). Any applications without this score will not be considered.
Please send your Resume & Cover Letter to: [email protected]